President Biden and Congressional Democrats tried to get the GOP to help the country through these challenging times. The GOP would not come to the table. The American Rescue Plan was passed without a single GOP vote.
And now the American Rescue Plan is helping Indiana recover:
• Since the pandemic began, more than 667,000 people have been infected with COVID-19 and more than 12,700 people have died.
• The unemployment rate is 4.6%, up from 3.2% before the pandemic.
• Since February 2020, more than 60,500 fewer people are employed.
• 493,000 adults – 11% of all adults in the state – report not having enough food to eat. This includes 225,000 adults living with children, or 14% of all adults living with children, who report that the children in their household do not have enough to eat.
• An estimated 237,000 renters or 19% of renters are not caught up on rent.
• An estimated 1.7 million adults or 36% of all adults statewide report having difficulty covering normal household expenses.
President Biden's American Rescue Plan provides Cass County with:
$7.31 million to Cass County Government
$3.66 million to Logansport City Government
$8.5 million to schools.
President Biden’s American Rescue Plan provides Indiana with:
• $3.2 billion in state fiscal relief
• $2.5 billion in local fiscal relief
• More than $2 billion in relief for K-12 schools
• Economic impact payments of up to $1,400 per person (above the $600 per person provided in December) for more than 4.3 million adults and 1.7 million children. This is 91% of all adults in the state and 89% of all children in the state. • Additional relief of up to $1,600 per child through the Child Tax Credit to the families of 1.5 million children, lifting 80,000 children out of poverty
• Additional relief of up to nearly $1,000 through the Earned Income Tax Credit to 383,000 childless workers, including many in frontline jobs
• Marketplace health insurance premiums that are $1,260 lower per month for a 60-year old couple earning $75,000 per year
Copyright © 2022 Cass County Democratic Party. Paid for by the Cass County Democratic Party.